Monday, September 12, 2005

Inaugural Post

Blogging seems like a good way to communicate a lot of same information to multiple people. Question is... is the information even remotely interesting to anyone? Well, we will see.

Today I woke up to Jack saying "Mama GET UP" which is an every day event. I am on maternity leave and usually wake up with my two month old lying in the bed next to me... my husband and son are heading out the door to head to work and day care. I go back to work on October 4 which will be interesting... getting two kids ready to go to day care and us ready for work.

We are having artificial grass put in our backyard and the guys showed up today to install it. http://www.synlawn.com/synlawnhome1.html. Turns out that the sales guy underestimated the amount of turf that we needed by about 500 square feet. Fortunately, my brilliant husband noted in the 6 page contract that the square footage measured by the sales guy would cover the area. So we think they should make it right for the same price. We will see.

The housecleaners showed up and I try to make myself scarce when they arrive so I headed to the mall to get some more tank tops. On Sunday, I attempted to get stylish by purchasing one of those baby doll type tops that everyone is wearing. Yes, it made me look pregnant but everyone is wearing them. I proudly showed Brian the top and he said "It makes you look pregnant." and proceeded to say he didn't know why all the women were wearing those tops. He then started to talk about the "Emperor's Clothes" which is a story I had never heard of but you can look it up on the internet. Anyway, I appreciated his honesty. I mean, I don't really want to look like I'm pregnant when I am not. So that's why I went to buy the plain tank tops that I always wear. Oh, and a bronze pair of shoes. And I did peruse the Coach store. They have a new baby bag but I'm not sure it's worth $348.

Tonight we had my favorite Thai food. Jack ate some although we had to bribe him with ice cream. He gets ice cream once a week.

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts said...

What is your favorite Thai food? Thai Rama??? Anyway, I am glad I am not the only Mom that hear :Mom, get up!"

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Kelly S said...

We like Thai Rama (NW corner of Dobson and Chandler). I love the Panang (Dried Curry) and the Gaeng Karee (Yellow Curry). Both dishes have coconut milk. Yum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home