Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Wire Hangers




Today I managed to identify about 50 clothing items to donate to charity. I got rid of anything that was boxy. I can't exactly use the rule "if you haven't worn it in a year, get rid of it" because I've spent quite a bit of time in the past 3 years pregnant.


I freed up a large quantity of plastic hangers which I then put in Brian's closet because his closet is full of wire hangers. NO WIIRREEEE HANNNGGGERRRSSS was going through my head. You may be wondering why Brian has the crappy wire hangers and I have all the nice plastic ones. Well, the same reason I have the larger closet.
(image placeholder)

I did manage to find a very nice pair of Cole Hahn boots in size 8 that are too narrow for me now. Must have been from the pregnancy. I have never worn them. Maybe I will take to a consignment shop.

I got a note from my friend MB from Boston on the baby doll top. She also thinks that they make people look pregnant. And my sister, Nicki, modeled a few of them for my other sister Kris-Kris, and they thought she looked pregnant. So the question is: why are we all wearing them? Did Brian have a point with that "Emperor's Clothes" story? Are we slaves to fashion? Why do we wear pointy toed shoes when our feet aren't pointed? You don't see men wearing pointy shoes. Or high heels. Why do women wear the painful clothes and shoes but not men?

I would like to take a moment to advertise my parents' kitchen remodel. See, this is a monumental occasion in our lives because it has all original flooring, cabinets, appliances, and countertops that were put in the house when it was built in 1976. It's quite the museum of the Coberly clan.

http://coberlykitchen.blogspot.com/

I'm on maternity leave right now and I keep thinking I should be savoring every moment of being with my child. Ty is a very smiley guy and that is fun but only for about 10 minutes and then I am antsy. I wonder if other mothers feel the same way or if there mothers out there who enjoy holding and looking at their babies for hours on end.

Wine currently open in the household: Bogle Petite Syrah--it's quite excellent and I highly recommend it. I have really started to enjoy and appreciate Petite Syrahs.    

4 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly-
Cool! Another blog I can read. I guess you inspired me to maybe attempt to clean out my closet.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

I too have all the nice hangers and Glenn has all the crappy wire ones. I hate wire hangers. I also hate pointy shoes. For years, I tried to wear them then a shoe store person said I have a large toe box. Now I wear clogs. Hey K, success in shoe-ing my husband! I successfully purchased shoes for him (I just needed to go back for a different size). I got him some sexy black Rockports that are water proof for when we have massive snows again! I'd love the boots too, but my big toe box...makes that prohibitive...

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

One more thing...it looks like someone's leg is sticking out of that pile of clothes...is that an old boyfriend or something?

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts said...

Thanks for the wine tip! I had heard there was no decent wine in China, but was pleasantly suprised that I found a Jacob's Creek 2003 Cab-Shiraz. I hope to open it when the jet lag subsides.

The great bottle of wine I had at book club the other night was a Cab Sav 2001 Kendall Jackson. I highly recommend it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home