Saturday, September 30, 2006

Slacker

Last week a friend of ours, Mo, from New Mexico called and said that she had reserved four condos in Sedona through her time share and that the people she was going with bailed on her so did we want to go? It's hard to pass up a free condo in Sedona for the weekend so decided to take her up on it. After that, she decided to go up there with her two kids after all (her husband had to work over the weekend). So we left around 3:30 PM on Friday which really sucked because the traffic on the 101 and up through Anthem was really bad. I would hate to live where there are only two lanes in and out and everyone driving to the city for their job. I would rather live in a 1000 sq ft apartment with a 10 minute commute than a 3000 sq ft house with an hour long commute. Jack must have inherited my sister's car sickness because he threw up on the way up there. He has done this the past 5 roadtrips now. We are having to keep a towel in the car. We got up there and the condo was great and Mo was already there with her two kids and friends. We had a nice evening chatting and drinking beer. Some other friends rolled in little later in the evening. The next day we walked around downtown Sedona and I got a chance to hit the outlet mall a little later. Jack and Ty enjoyed hanging out with Mo's kids, Kate and Ryan. The next morning we had breakfast and then on the way home went hiking with the kids. Jack really liked hiking. The traffic back wasn't quite as bad thankfully.

On Tuesday I had lunch with Tracy and got a chance to vent about work. I am working with the most horrible woman of my entire career. If I root cause her behavior, I would say she is one of the most insecure people I have ever run across. Put insecurity coupled with a super high perception of herself, the desire to control everything and a warped sense of reality and it's a recipe for disaster. I love what I am doing right now but I have to really think about if it's worth it to put up with someone like that. People with major personality disorders do not change and if they manage to do so, it would take 20 years, not 2 months. It's been very stressful. On Friday she pretty much declared herself in charge of everything that I do. I don't think you can just appoint yourself as the boss of someone else. ARGH.

Friday night Annette and Todd and BJ and Tracy came over. Annette and Tracy left a bottle of wine at our house before the book club pool party so we had them over to finally drink it plus some other bottles. The evening consisted of interesting events like Todd trying to get a moth off the ceiling with a piece of bread and Annette wearing my microscopic bikini from Brazil to get into the hot tub. (You think you've seen small bikinis before--cut that down by a 1/2). It was fun.

Oh, re: my weight loss from the last post. I actually think Pilates has a lot to do with it. I highly recommend trying it 2x/week!!

3 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields said...

I guess I'll finally have to get my barrel & straps out of the repair shop and try that damn hot tub of yours once and for all once I get back there, eh? Maybe after a few months of Pilates...

Re: the woman you work with... perhaps she is related to someone I know fairly well? (Hint: I live with this person currently.)

P.S. Laughed about the moth removal with bread technique. That would have been fun to watch after a couple of glasses of wine!!

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The throwing the bread at the ceiling was so funny. I was laughed till I cried. It was so much fun. Next time I promise I will wear a bathing suit!! The very funny thing would have been me trying to fit into your tiny bikini from Brazil. My bra will never be the same.

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
Awesome job with the weight loss. I'm jealous! I try and do pilates once a week. It's a nice mix to throw into a workout. Maybe I should do it more often. hmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home