Friday, September 16, 2005

Back to Work and Men's Shoes



I set the date to go back to work on October 4. I am not as ready to go back to work as I was with Jack. Jack was fussy and colicky and I was exhausted and going back to work was almost a vacation. It didn't make putting him in daycare very easy however--I think it is always traumatic for a mom to leave her child. Fortunately Jack absolutely loves going to day care. He has a lot of good buddies and oftentimes doesn't want to come home. I've gotten quite attached to little Ty. He always has a smile and a coo for me. It will very hard to leave him all day.


A friend of mine was commenting on Brian's shoes. Brian does have excellent taste in shoes. He came to me this way but unfortunately, not all women find that the man of their dreams has exquisite taste in shoes. While I believe strongly that you should not try to change a man, I believe their clothes, shoes and hair are negotiable. My friend's husband lives in athletic shoes and I believe will sometimes wear black socks with his sneakers. While a direct approach of "Your shoes look hideous." may get the message across, it may make him defensive and change averse. The best course of action is to compliment other men on their shoes in front of your husband/boyfriend. This seemed to work for my sister and brother-in-law. If your husband doesn't pick up on this and show interest in shoes, purchasing shoes for your husband may be the best course of action. I'm happy to report that my friend has successfully made a purchase of some cool black shoes for her husband, and he likes them. The photo is my favorite pair of Brian's shoes although they are looking a bit worn these days. There is one drawback of men having nice shoes and that is less money for your shoes. Something to think about.

Here is Theo helping me with the paperwork for our Medical Spending Account. What is it with cats and sitting on your paper?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home