Thursday, April 13, 2006

Test Results

My heart sank when I heard the blood test results over the phone. I was listening to one of those recordings. The doctor started out by saying that the test results were within normal range. For people who know about thyroid disorders, that's the T3, T4 and TSH results. That is not what I wanted to hear. However, I did test positive for thyroid antibodies. What does this mean? "Usually, it indicates that your thyroid is in the process of autoimmune failure. Not failed yet, and not failed enough to register in the standard TSH thyroid test, but in the process of failing." So they are sending my results to my endocrinologist. Apparently there are only 6 endocrinologists in the whole valley which makes it really hard to get in. OK, I'm being sarcastic but it takes 3 months to get an appointment if you're a new patient. But I'm not a new patient so hopefully I can get in. If I'm hypothyroid, then I get to eat whatever I want and when I gain weight, I can tell pepole I have a gland problem. Ha!

I was... ahem... lucky to have hyperthyroidism after Jack. Now I think I am faced with this: about half of all cases of Graves' disease [hyperthyroidsim], the person makes a full recovery. But in some cases, the disease destroys so much thyroid tissue that the gland can't produce enough thyroid hormone. As a result, hypothyroidism sets in.

Hey, Jill... a sausage butt means that the jeans compress your butt from the top and bottom and create one ugly squashed unibutt.

1 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly- I'm sorry you didn't get the results you wanted. Are you still feeling as tired?? I hope you get in to see your endocrinologist soon.

Have a great Easter Weekend!! Did you get the bookclub book??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home