Friday, February 24, 2006

NO I AM NOT PREGNANT

Some of you have already heard me gripe about this but this week someone at work asked me if I was pregnant. Now this is fourth or fifth time someone has asked me that after going back to work in October when Ty was 3 ½ months old. I am not exaggerating. The first two times (in October and November) were embarrassing but at least I could say my child was 3 – 4 months old. The other times have been more recently and Ty turned 8 months today and if you use the logic – nine months to put on the weight and nine months to take it off, then I have exactly one month to get in shape. But how am I supposed to go from looking pregnant to not looking pregnant in one month? I admit that I look about 3 – 4 months pregnant when I slouch. My stomach is stretched out and there is a layer of fat there. My arms and legs and hips are all normal. I understand that having a pouch and being normal everywhere else makes me look a little pregnant. I am concerned that I will have that nice layer of fat there until I am done breastfeeding which will be in about 4 months. I don’t know if I can go through another 4 months of people asking me if I am pregnant. I even worked from home on Thursday and Friday because I didn’t feel like trying to find clothes that didn’t make me look pregnant. OK, well the truth is that I have a cold and I normally work from home on Fridays but it was a huge relief to not have to put on anything other than sweats.

But forget about the facts of whether I look pregnant or not… the real issue is:

WHAT IS UP WITH PEOPLE ASKING IF I AM PREGNANT? I thought everyone knew that you don’t ask that question. You can ask other people and hope they don’t relay the question but you just don’t ask that question. Why are they asking me? Is it their business? Would they ask someone, “Why are you so fat?” No, of course not. But it’s OK to ask “Is the reason you’re fat because you’re pregnant?”

3 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe anyone would ask you that!! Really Kelly you don't look pregnant at all. Your stomach is so much flatter and smaller than mine and my baby is 2 1/2!!I really think you look great and you can't have that much weight to lose.

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
That is so rude that someone would ask that! I had an older lady ask me that last summer when I was wearing one of those cute baby doll shirts and I thought I was going to cry! Instead, I went home and threw away the shirt.
I'm sure you look great!

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly..you look so amazing! People are so clueless and dumb! If someone ever asks that of you again a good response would be " No..but when are you due?" ha ha! I'd like to see the look on their face.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home