Sunday, February 05, 2006

Another Quick One

Ty is sick. Most likely he had RSV, the dreaded virus that puts many infants in the hospital. This turned into bronchiolitis and pneumonia, confirmed by a chest x-ray. This time he didn't have to go the hosptial, either because he was bigger and healthier or because we had a nebulizer (not sure if I spelled that right), the machine that allows us to give him breathing treatments. What really sucked is that he got his sickest when I was out of town on business for my first overnight trip since he was born. I hated taking an overnight trip... I hated being away from my boys and not being able to put them to bed at night and I hated all the logistics of pumping and making sure my breast milk stayed cold. My boss made a crack about the size of my suitcase for an overnight trip (which had one article of clothing and the rest of the suitcase had a breast pump, plenty of attachments, a cooler bag, and other items that could maintain my small dairy). I did enjoy a dinner out with co-workers without worrying about getting back home to relieve a baby-sitter and I guess I got a little more sleep than usual but I still felt tired.

I got home Friday night. On Saturday Yvonne and Colton came over to hang out and have dinner and on a whim, Brian and I went out for a couple hours while they watched the kids. We rarely have date nights so we went to Cost Plus to look around and then to a wine bar and then back home.

Sunday Brian went to a Superbowl party and took Jack and I kept Ty at home since he is still sick. Monday is another day of trying to figure out how to cover work commitments but still take care of Ty. Sigh. He is much better but I prefer to be conservative with his health.

3 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad Ty is beginning to recover. I am so proud of you for continuing to nurse and work full time. I don't think I would have the patience for that. Good job!

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Ty! Poor you- Kelly. I agree with Jill. Way to keep up the juggling act of nursing and working. Super mom!

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is Ty now?? That would suck to be out of town when he got sick. Glad he is getting better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home