Wednesday, December 27, 2006

1 Week Later

The past week has been hard—nothing more than what I expected but still hard. Getting implants is a lot like being engorged only you can’t get relief through a breast pump. I went from feeling like I had heavy objects on my chest to odd aches and pains on the sides of my breasts to now under my armpits. And then my stitches are a little sore. Yesterday Brian went to work and Jack went to school and I thought I could handle Ty all day by myself. I was lifting him a lot and got very sore by the end of the day. I think this set me back a few days. Fortunately we have the nanny today who can do all the lifting with Ty and I can take the pain meds. I took Ty to the after-Christmas sales at the mall for about an hour—I always try to buy those stupid round candles at Pottery Barn for the reindeer candle. 12 candles are normally $20. How ridiculous is that? I stopped at Victoria’s Secret and the girl measured me at a 36 C. I was happy with the “C” reading although I think that is also a 34D. Hmmm… it’s still early.

On Christmas Eve I ventured out of the house for the first time to attend Jill’s open house. This was 6 days after my surgery. I thought I looked really big in a couple tops but then decided I should wear a top that I always wore with my silicone inserts (chicken cutlets) and that looked good. They were still quite a bit swollen though. It was good to do some socializing because recuperation is a bit isolating, even though I did enjoy getting a lot of rest in the beginning. Christmas was just the four of us which I didn’t mind at all. We did a leisurely Christmas morning and I wanted to take our time opening the presents. I hate doing a frenzy of opening presents and it’s over in 10 minutes. The boys loved all their presents. Brian got me a gift certificate to Victoria’s Secret since I will need all new bras. Overall it was a good Christmas but I look forward to next year when I am not recuperating from surgery!

1 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kelly, I'm so happy to hear you are well. I love reading your story. Gives me hope for when I go under the knife. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home