Sunday, September 18, 2005

The Weekend

Not really too much time spent sorting T-shirts or blogging this weekend with all the boys at home. Brian came home to watch Ty on Friday during lunch so that I could get my hair colored and I managed to escape for an hour on Saturday morning to get a pedicure. On Saturday we met our dear friends Joe, Deb, Pete and Ann for dinner at Pizzeria Bianco, my favorite restaurant in Phoenix. They were able to get there early to put our names in for a table so Brian and I didn't wait too long (I can be out limited amounts of time because of the whole breastfeeding thing.). My good friend Yvonne came over to baby-sit Jack and Ty and brought her friend's daughter, Gianna, who is 10 years old. Yvonne usually brings her 10 year old son, Colton, who Jack absolutely LOVES but Colton had a birthday party to attend. But it sounds like things went great and Gianna read Jack about 10 books. I am very spoiled having Yvonne and her team of baby-sitters take care of my kids.

Meanwhile, back at Bianco's, I was thinking about slipping a love note ("Will you go with me, circle yes or no") to Chris Bianco, the owner of the restaurant but didn't think I could do it without being detected. I'm not sure if it's possible to build a relationhip on fresh mozzarella either. Then someone told me that he was married and had two kids! I feel like he's cheating on me now. After eating our salads, pizzas, and finishing off the wine, Deb, Joe, Brian and I headed off to the newly renovated Phoenix Symphony Hall to see Doc Severinsen. For those of you who don't know him, he is a conductor and fabulous trumpet player (he also led the band on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson). I personally find the symphony rather boring but Doc always makes it interesting with his sequined jackets, running commentary on the music and his selection of music. Brian and I tend to be the youngest people in the audience when we go. We heard Gershwin and Mancini, two of my favorite American composers.

On Sunday, I had brunch with my longtime friend Missie. We are both battling the post-partum body blues. If it's mostly skin that hanging around my mid-section, how do movie stars get around that? I mean, all the exercise in the world doesn't get rid of loose skin and they can't get tummy tucks 2 months post-partum. I don't get it. So I did what most non-movie star women do in my situation: I made brownies.



I have tickets to a series of Broadway shows at the Orpheum. I completely forgot about "The Full Monty" last night and told Brian that he could go see the Billy Joel song-based show. So he bought a ticket to that. Then at 10 PM last night, he said %^&*. He completely forgot about his show. So it turned out that neither one of us saw our show. This just goes to show that having kids does impact your ability to remember anything unless you write everything down on Post-It notes and hang them around the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home