Monday, November 14, 2005

Like Mother Like Son

My sister sent me some photos that I hadn't seen before. I am posting them because they look just like Jack with a black wig. I'm in the high chair next to my sister Nicki.
Here I am again with my sister, my dad and my grandmother. This is Jack with a short black wig. These are even his legs.

I think I have a funny looking head in this photo.

Saturday we went to Reagan's first birthday party. Reagan is Missie and Andy's daughter. The party was a lot of fun and Missie's mother and sister from CT were there. Missie and I went out with her mother, Doris, once a few years ago. Her mother kept trying to drag us out to see strippers and talked about all the sex parties at home. I always wondered how Missie turned out so normal. Doris berated us for ending our evening out after three hours of solid drinking. I think she wanted to stay out all night. She seemed fairly normal at the birthday party although she seemed disappointed that there weren't a lot of happy hours going on. On Sunday I went to a Pampered Chef party. I already have just about everything from Pampered Chef because my bridal shower was all Pampered Chef. Still, I bought a few things and then went to Trader Joe's to purchase a ton of nuts, parmesan cheese and lip balm. These are all items that my family seems to think you can only buy at TJ's and not anywhere else. I will be packing all this stuff in my suitcase to take with me to South Carolina in addition to frozen uncooked tortilla's from Costco (another item you can't get in S.C.).

Jack dumped out a deck of cards on the floor and kept insisting that I pick them up. I asked him if he wanted to pick them up or go to Time Out. He said Time Out and walked over the corner. I hate it when he does that. He ended up staying there for about 20 minutes of 2 minute increments because he wouldn't pick up the cards. I was exhausted. Finally I just put him in bed because he was crying the whole time and was really tired. I thought we were going to have to go through that again when he wouldn't pick up his puzzle pieces later in the day but it only took one time out!

On Monday I got a consult about my spider veins. I thought I should get sclerotherapy so I saw the guy that does that, but he said I would be better off with one laser treatment. Brian says it's OK to spend the money so that will be the first step of my extreme makeover. I just need to schedule the appointment.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Jack looks like you! How cute. If I ask Jagger to do something he doesn't want to do he just walks to the time-out corner himself and sits down. We really haven't used time-out on him but he picked it up from watching cayman.

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack definitely looks just like you. Now I wonder what he will look like as a man? What else will consist of this "extreme makeover?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home