Monday, October 24, 2005

Monday, October 24, 2005

Me and my boys. They are the most precious things to me in the world!

Today, Ty is four months old!

Ty woke up to eat at 3 AM and then again at 6 AM. When I came out to the kitchen, Jack was already eating his breakfast. He pointed at my shirt and said, “Purple”. I was wearing purple but have only been reviewing red, yellow, green and blue with him. So I was impressed by that.

My day started off well with a funny story from Yvonne. She went to the gym for the first time in a really long time and so she was working out pretty hard. She noticed that a couple guys were checking her out and that made her feel good. After about an hour or so of exercising on various pieces of equipment and doing crunches, she wondered why her sweat was pooling on her face. She reached up to her face and realized that she had her large, dark sunglasses on! She’s not sure why she didn’t a) notice this in the mirrors or b) notice it was really dark in the gym, but I thought that was the funniest thing I had heard in quite a while.

I had a good workout during lunch but did not wear my sunglasses. I think my pooch is getting bigger instead of smaller so I cranked it up a notch in aerobics today. We are fortunate to have excellent aerobic instructors at our work gym who are all employee volunteers. The one who teaches Mondays and Tuesdays is a 50 year old woman who looks like she is 30. She teaches at other gyms in the Valley. I was sucking some wind towards the end. This afternoon I found out that Melissa, who I have known for years, grew up as a Jehovah’s Witness. We got onto that subject because her child’s day care wasn’t going to have the kids come to school in their costumes because they didn’t want to offend anyone. I grew up in a church that was anti Halloween, Christmas, birthdays and so was she (although I wasn’t a Jehovah’s Witness). It’s interesting to celebrate a holiday but have no memories or traditions of that holiday when you were a kid.

This past weekend was very busy. My friend Tina had installed some dark wood floors in her house and I thought they were very interesting. We decided that these floors would look great in our dining room. Our dining room has carpet that has been peed on by the cats several hundred times. Needless to say, it was really disgusting. When we got the go ahead from Tina’s husband that he could get the same wood and install it for us (he has a wood working business), Brian ripped out the carpet on Friday night. We’ve treated the area with those special enzymes that work on cat pee and I think the smell is out of the concrete but the baseboards may be hosed. We’ll see how it smells tonight. I’m very excited to have this wood floor as I think it will be great with the red walls.

On Saturday we went to the Intel Fall Festival that was run by the Intel Parents Network, an employee group that does special stuff for parents and kids. I’m the chair of that employee group but missed all the planning while I was on maternity leave. It was a nice event in the park and they had a lot of cute games for Jack. Late that afternoon, we went to IKEA to look around and have dinner. We have so much fun there… we spend a long time in the kids’ section letting Jack play.

On Sunday we went to Schnepf’s Farm which is out in the boonies—it’s a fall festival kind of thing that caters to families and kids (are you catching the theme of our weekend here?) Jack rode a carousel and a ride where the cars go up and down. He did the pumpkin launch and played in the kids’ area. We had chili and yummy corn on the cob. I spent the rest of Sunday doing about 7 loads of laundry and various other chores. I gave myself a pedicure for the first time in a long time and hated it so much that I briefly considered hanging up my volleyball career.

Brian made fish for dinner tonight which Jack ate heartily. He also ate tomatoes, cucumbers, and asparagus. He is such an awesome eater. I hope it continues. I ran to Nordstrom's to get a couple make-up items. The sales woman asked if I needed anything else and I said "a bag of cotton balls" in a joking way but I really did need some. She proceeded to dump a bunch of cotton pads in my bag. Now that's why I shop at Nordies. You can't beat the service!

6 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pic of you and your boys! Happy 4 month b-day to Ty.I love that age. Sounds like you guys had a fun and busy weekend.

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts said...

I love that picture of you and the boys. Jack and Ty look so different! They are both adorable and are a great blend of their parents!

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boys are adorable!! Great picture! Your weekend sounded fun. We too love to go to IKEA and hang out. :)

Annette

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields said...

Another great pic, Kel! So Jack looks like you and Ty looks like Brian, right? Maybe you should pick up some little purple sweatpants so he and Daddy can match!!! hahaha!!! Hey, I started a Blog, too - this is fun! Check it out:
http://cactuscorn.blogspot.com/

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a cute picture of you and the boys. I think we are doing Ikea this weekend. The kids love going there and Joe loves the cheap food for lunch or dinner. What was the comment that was deleated? Oh, I am so snoopy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home