Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Ready for Work

For the last two days I've gotten up at 6 AM to prepare myself to start work on Wednesday. It's quite brutal since I've been sleeping until 8 AM most days. I usually feed Ty anywhere from 1 - 3 times a night, so I'm pretty tired in the morning. I wake up and Ty is in the bed and I have no recollection of how he got there. I have to say that while I don't like waking up to feed him, I do like having him in the bed with me. No, I am not becoming an attachment parent (the people that have their kids sleep in the bed with them for years and years). He just looks really cute when he is sleeping in the big bed although it's not so cute that I am about to fall off the bed because Ty and Brian are taking up all the room.

Ty went to day care with Brian and Jack. I threw myself into errands and chores. I reorganized my makeup and toiletries. Does anyone else keep buying new stuff before the old stuff is gone? I don't know why I do this. I have so many half finished bottles of shampoo and lotions. I guess the next bottle is going to be the magic potion that gives me thick hair and clear skin. Ha! And God forbid I should throw anything away. There are probably people with greasy hair in Africa who are suffering. So I've decided that we are going to use up all this crap before buying anything else. We are out of shower gel soap and instead of buying more, I have about 25 packets of samples that I have collected over the years cluttering the shower. I also put an old bar soap in there as well. I asked Brian if shampoo could be used as body soap because we have about 14 half used bottles of that. I'm out of shaving cream but have started to use an old conditioner to shave my legs. This isn't about saving money but about not being wasteful and getting rid of clutter. And why do I feel compelled to buy something at Clinique to get the free gift with purchase THAT I NEVER USE? All those little makeup bags they give you are so hideous anyway.

I managed to go out for lunch, get to Target and Costco, pumped twice, discussed termite warranties with a pest control company, obsess about my watchlist on eBay, clean the kitchen, clean the bathroom and do a load of laundry...all before picking up Ty at 3 PM. It's AMAZING what you can get done without a child with you. Ty did very well at day care. The two main childcare providers were there when Jack was there so I know them very well and Jack just loved one in particular, Ronni. Ronni just came back from having her own baby. I love knowing that Ty has the two great people that Jack just loved. I brought Ty home, fed him and he conked out from 4 PM to 6:30 AM! (there were a few feedings in between but he never really woke up).

Today my main goal was to get picture frames for the pictures of Jack and Ty that I am taking to work with me. I got them and have a few pictures in my bag, ready to be put on my desk tomorrow. I met Tracy at Paradise Bakery so we could get lunch for Annette H (the great massage therapist). Annette is in the hopsital because of complications with her pregnancy. (I will note that Good Sam Hospital has valet parking. What is the world coming to? But hey, it was free, so we took advantage of it!) Here are my positive blog vibes (prayers) for Annette - that her body will allow her to carry the baby to a very healthy, full-term 36 weeks. And that her doctor will look like Patrick Dempsey. And that her stomach will be flat within 4 weeks of giving birth. OK, we can negotiate on the last two but the first one is non-negotiable.

Milk production today: 12 oz

2 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow at your first day back at work kelly. I will be thinking about you. I'm with you on the free gift thing. If estee lauder has their bonus I'm buying something...even if I don't need it just for the FREE stuff.

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me laugh after a difficult day. We all have tons of shit in our bathrooms. I love to get new stuff. The cure all right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home