Friday, September 23, 2005

Where does the time go?

Story behind the picture from Brian: Thursday morning, I was getting Jack & ready for work/school. Kelly/Ty were still sleeping. After breakfast, Jack disappeared in the Living Room while I was getting our lunches ready.
He was kinda quiet ... So I called for him, looked around the corner .. And found that he had pulled a chair back from the dining room table where I left my work laptop, climbed up into the chair and had one hand on the mouse and the other on the keyboard... I truly think he thought he was "working" on the computer. I returned to what I was doing, and even though the computer screensaver was locked, he kept doing what he was doing for several minutes (which is years in toddler time).

Time seems to go by really fast these days. It will be Halloween then Thanksgiving then Christmas before we know it. Starting in 2006, I will have four weeks of vacation. I can't wait.

Yesterday Ann came over for coffee talk which is a very nice couple of hours. It goes by very fast. I've really enjoyed the visits I've gotten from people over the past few weeks and have come to prefer having one or two people visit at a time versus doing a large group thing. I guess I would rather have a long quality conversation than a larger quantity of smaller conversations.

Then I went to Pane Bianco (Chris Bianco's sandwich shop) with Heather, who is also on maternity leave--Peyton was born 1 week after Ty, and who also works where I work. She is going to take the rest of the year off to be with her baby. Makes me wonder if I should stay home longer but 3 1/2 months worked well with Jack, plus I think I'm ready to get settled with a routine. I had my favorite tomato and mozzarella sandwich and a cappuccino and a mini chocolate bundt cake. All were delicious. Heather is training for a half marathon and I seem to be training for an eating contest.

I made a stop at a place called the Lumber Liquidators which was close to the Bank One Ballpark, I mean Chase Field (it was renamed today). I am looking at wood flooring for our dining room to replace the carpet that the cats have been peeing on for the past 5 years. By the time I got home I was so tired. My favorite moments of the day are lying down with Ty in the bed and taking a snooze. It's decadent.

I was able to take a 20 minute walk last night. This may not sound like much but it's the first time I have formally exercised since giving birth. Once it gets cooler, it will be nice to walk. I listened to the baseball game on the radio and the time went by really fast. I wonder what other kind of talk radio is on in the evening that would be interesting to listen to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home