Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Pantyhose

Last night I threw out every single pair of pantyhose that I owned. There were perhaps 25 pairs. You might be wondering why I even owned pantyhose. Well, the truth of the matter is that most of them I have owned for over 9 years (the amount of time I've lived in Phoenix) and I used to wear them in the 80's and 90's. I believe that I have worn pantyhose twice in the last 9 years. Once with the legs cut off at the knees to avoid panty lines with a formal dress (probably around 1998) and the other time was at my wedding in 2000, also to avoid panty lines. If I remember correctly, this pair was bought the morning of my wedding and didn't even come from my already existing pantyhose collection. Why has it taken so long to get rid of them? Because if I ever needed a pair, I wouldn't have to go out and buy some. They would be right there in my drawer where they have been TAKING UP PRECIOUS SPACE FOR THE LAST DECADE. I really haven't a clue as to how much a pair of pantyhose costs these days but I'll bet in the event that I needed a pair, which seems unlikely given that the only reason people wear pantyhose these days is to rob liquor stores, it won't break the bank to buy a new pair.

My family has a condition that we call "the abandonment syndrome." This means that we don't like the feeling that we are missing out on anything. It also means that if one person in my family comes to Phoenix to visit me, everyone else has to come because they might miss out on something exciting like a trip to Trader's Joes or IKEA. Given that I am the only family member not living in the Carolina's, I've come to put this disorder behind me. Or so I thought. I really wish I was in South
Carolina helping out with the 30 year awaited kitchen renovation, even though it looks like a lot of work. There are a lot of memories in that kitchen.

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mail all pantyhose to me ill wear them

 

Post a Comment

<< Home