Wednesday, September 21, 2005

IKEA and Playgroup

Yesterday we decided to go to IKEA for a family evening out. We love going there for dinner on a week night and looking around the store afterwards. It's like a giant two-story playground. Jack won't ride in a stroller or cart anymore and has to push his own stroller with Mickey Mouse in it. He especially likes to run over people's feet and ankles with his stroller which is horrifying to me. I spend most of my time apologizing for him and chasing him. Fortunately, when Brian is there, I can push Ty in the stroller while Brian does the chasing. We escaped with a $12 purchase, some more tracks for Jack's IKEA train and a spray bottle.

Brian and I talked last night about my working 32 hours a week when I go back. The question is: would I only work 32 hours a week? I would definitely like to have Friday's off where I could put the boys in day care in the morning and I can run all the errands and grocery shopping we need for the week. That way, we wouldn't have to spend time on the weekends doing that kind of thing. Then I could spend Friday afternoons with the boys. We will see if this is something that I can make work.

There are a lot of houses in my neighborhood for sale. I don't think they are selling as fast right now. My friend, Jill, is looking for a larger house. It would be nice if they would move into the neighborhood so we could show up at their house for dinner every night (Jill is a much better cook than I am--she would never burn a Costco pizza).

This morning I hosted playgroup at my house. I am not quite as good as Berly about taking photos and so have not taken any for a few days. This morning would have been a good time. There were like 8 kids here this morning. Jack was at school which is good because he would have freaked out to know that so many kids were pawing his stuff. After they all left, I went into the bathroom to see if I looked presentable and tried to brush a hair off my face but instead realized THAT IT WAS ATTACHED TO MY EYEBROW. Holy cow. It was really long. I swear it wasn't there yesterday becasue surely I would have seen that. I can't believe I walked around like that all morning. I met Jill and Liz for lunch and then went home and decided that Brian needs to go in to be "tutored" -- reference to an old Far Side joke that shows a dog in a car excitedly telling his dog friend that he is going to be tutored. Ha ha. So I made an appointment for him. He is going quite willingly... he should as I have endured far more misery that he will ever experience. And then I will throw a "I Will Never Be Pregnant Again" party.

1 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would be amazed at the stuff I can burn. I would love to live in your neighborhood too if it weren't so fancy! hee hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home