Sunday, October 09, 2005

Weekend

Tonight I am psyching myself up for a full week of work. Is it almost Thanksgiving yet? Before I forget, I have to let everyone know about a new radio station here in Phoenix. Thanks to Melissa for letting me know about it. It's Star 97.5 and they play lounge/jazz music like Ella Fitzgerald and Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra. I love this kind of music and listen to it at home all the time. I'm glad to have it in the car now, although when Jack is in the car, I have to listen to Itsy-Bitsy Spider and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

I also wanted to note that my favorite TV show right now is Grey's Anatomy. It takes a show like this to realize that ER needs to get off the air and put us all out of our misery. And it's not just that I think Patrick Dempsey is good looking. I am watching Desperate Housewives but is it just me or is it just not as good as it was in the first season?

Jack earned the right to watch a Baby Einstein video by peeing in the potty five times over the past week. It's marginal progress and I'm still not sure that he's really getting the cause and effect thing down. He goes in the potty all day long at day care so something about being at home isn't motivating him. We do let him run around without any diapers or underwear sometimes on the weekend. He tends to be more open to using the potty when he doesn't have to pull his pants down.

On Saturday morning, Brian and I took the kids to play volleyball. I hadn't played in about a year (since I got pregnant with Ty). I want to start playing again in the weekly league so I thought I should go out and practice. We took turns playing and watching the kids. I got really ticked off when the guys I was playing with didn't set me. I know I'm a little rusty but it's just pick-up ball. It tends to be a chronic issue--that guys assume a man is going to hit better. They just keep setting the guy over and over and half the time the guy hits the ball into the net or out. But they keep setting the guy. I was really grumpy when we left. I was more tired chasing after Jack than I was playing volleyball though.

Yvonne and Colton baby-sat on Saturday while Brian and I had a very rare dinner out. Jack acts very differently when Colton is there (Colton is 10 or 11 years old). Jack starts to show off and acts really silly when Colton is around. But he just loves him. I feel very blessed to have a friend willing to baby-sit my kids but even more so that Jack just LOVES them. We were gone from 4 to 7:30 and Jack hadn't had a nap. Yvonne said Jack fell asleep at the dinner table. Of course, if Brian and I were home, he would have had a giant meltdown. Isn't it funny how kids act better around people who are not their parents?

My ex-boyfriend Bob sent me an email this weekend. He's the guy I moved here for and was with the night I met Brian. I broke up with him in 1998 and starting dating Brian 2 weeks later. I used to run into him occasionally at the dance studio. (I will note that I was the one who got him interested in ballroom dancing and then he got really into it after I broke up with him). After reading his email, I dreamed that night that he wanted me back. He was trying to kiss me but I was holding a towel over my face. I don't remember much else. This was a little different from the recurring dreams I have where for some reason I have to get married and my only choices are my ex-husband or my ex-boyfriend and I'm really bummed out and keep saying, "Where's the guy that I like?" meaning my husband. It's always nice to wake up next to the right guy--the one that I like. And I don't mean Ty. :-)

1 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Greys Anatomy too. Desperate Housewives doesn't seem as good to me. Or maybe I am distracted with a newborn now. Good info on the radio station. That is secretly one of my favorite types of music.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home