Sunday, October 16, 2005

Thursday night I was so tired that I finally let Brian sleep in the other room with Ty. I told him that I expected Ty to eat once during the night and again any time after 5 AM. Any other time would be unnecessary in my opinion. Well, Thursday and Friday night, Ty went to sleep at 7 PM, woke up at 1:30 AM for his feeding, and then around 5:45 AM for the next one. I guess there is some truth to the fact that they can smell mom when mom is close by. I expect that by 6 months, he should be able to sleep 7 PM to 6 AM with no feeding and that is just a little over 2 months away. That will be so nice! Now that the feedings have gotten under control, it’s time to get him to sleep in the crib versus the swing. Last night I fed him and we put him down in the crib and we let him cry. We did the shushing sounds and patted him for hours while he screamed. OK, Brian told me it was actually 10 minutes before I picked him up. After I picked him up, he immediately stopped crying, let out one of those sighs, we swaddled him and he went to sleep. I supposed we are making progress but letting him cry was too heartbreaking for me.

Work is going well. I’m a program manager and our jobs are to manage programs that have beginning and ends so we don’t always have a job lined up. I didn’t have one when I returned to work and was secretly hoping that I could surf the web until the end of the year to readjust to going back to work. Within three days I realized that we were heading for a disaster in a particular area so I jumped in to help, started giving direction and advice and now they want me to travel to Oregon this week for 1 ½ days for a meeting. I don’t want to do an overnight trip because logistically it’s a pain in the rear since I’m a personal milk factory. I remember taking a larger suitcase with me on an overnight trip after I had Jack… an Intel guy from the airport made fun of me for having a big suitcase for an overnight trip and I said it was filled with a breast pump and other lactating accouterments and no clothes. He immediately shut up and walked away. Even if I just do a day trip, it’s about 4 hours of traveling each way, just to get there at 10 AM and leave at 3 PM and spend 45 minutes of that time lactating and having to explain to a roomful of men why I need a 15 minute break instead of a 10 minute break. Fortunately, I just mention the word “breast” and they don’t want to hear anymore. I think I will just call into the meeting which will be torturous but less so than actually going.

I finished my first audio book on Friday. It sure takes a long time to read a book that way. Much slower than actually reading it. But still a great way to pass time while walking. I also finally won a purse off of eBay. I admit that I like Coach purses and have decided that eBay is the best way to purchase them because I have a philosophy that you don’t have to pay full price for anything. People ask… are they real? Yes, they are real. I don’t really know how these people get the purses, especially the ones that are currently available in stores. I know some come from outlets but those are not currently in stores. If anyone out there knows how this works, please let me know. I’ve been bidding on a particular one for the last few weeks but keep getting outbid. I finally got one for a great price but had to hover over the computer obsessively… I told Brian that I’m finally satisfied with the ones that I have and he asked if he could have that in writing. Absolutely not.

Well, I’ve got a ton more to say but our TiVo is filling up and I need to watch something. I’ve already dropped West Wing and Survivor this season. I think Lost and Alias are kind of slow and boring. Desperate Housewives is starting to suck. I think I’d rather blog and read after the kids go to bed.

2 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats great about Ty sleeping so well. My kids never did.(and still don't) Wow- a coach purse on E-bay. Whats it look like? I love bidding and buying stuff on ebay. Its so fun!

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't I have any clue what anonymous said????? Ty is such a good boy. I look forward to getting Tatum into her own bed. You have given me an idea about Ebay and shopping. But I do think the only way to win a bid is to hover over the computer and refresh, refresh, refresh....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home