Sunday, April 23, 2006

Nanny

We hired a nanny for Ty. We weren’t looking for one and were prepared to do drop offs at two different schools when Jack starts at the Y on May 1. Then Jack’s preschool teacher mentioned to me that she wanted to be a nanny. I told her that I had friends who were looking for a nanny and I would pass on her name. Then as I was leaving and driving home, I thought, why would I pass on her name? Why don’t we get a nanny? The two best teachers (patient, loving, and kind) in the school are in the 2 year old room and she is one of them. So we had her over Friday night and proposed a contract and she agreed so she will start on May 1. She agreed to do housework and will bring her 2 year old daughter with her. I am excited but nervous too. I think it will be a little strange to have someone else in my house all day. But it will definitely decrease our stress level! All of this change has eliminated all concerns I have of moving Jack to a new school. I know if that doesn’t work out, I can leave Jack home with the nanny and then look for a part-time preschool which would now be an option.


We had a good Easter weekend. We took the boys to get their pictures taken at Portrait Innovations Saturday morning. I always seem to pick the worst possible time like when Ty is teething and Jack has a runny nose.

But I love that place because they take a lot of photos and there always seems to be a couple good photos, even when you think there couldn’t possibly be a good one. Ty was very crabby and cried most of the time but we still got some good photos. I’m the worst at getting pictures taken. We’re lucky if we go 2x/year.

We went to 1st Birthday Party on Saturday afternoon and did an Easter egg hunt. The kids loved that. Jack ate a lot of shrimp (one of his favorite foods) and then talked incessantly about the “happy birthday cake”. You can tell we deprive him of sugary carbs since he is obsessed with the cake at birthday parties. On Easter we did another Easter egg hunt with real hard boiled eggs and then had Easter baskets for the boys. Jack loved that too. We went to the Nelson’s for an early dinner. The kids enjoyed jumping on the trampoline. Jack became fascinated by the Barbie boom box and so the Nelson’s loaned that to us for the week. Brian frantically worked to complete our taxes. He thought we were going to owe a ton but made an error and then said we would be getting back a ton, but then realized he made another error and finally settled on us owing a fairly small amount. So that was a relief.

I sent Brian in my place to my dance class this week. He likes the swing more than I do and probably needs the lessons more. I’m sure the class was confused when he showed up! I figured what he spends an hour learning, he can show me in 2 minutes.

I went to Oregon for work for two days this week. I hope this is the last time I travel before I wean Ty (2 months left). I had a clogged duct by the second day and it was so swollen you could see it through my shirt!

We went to another birthday party on Saturday at a great little park for kids called Encanto Amusement Park or Enchanted Island or something like that. The kids had a great time. Jack and Ty were exhausted but did not take naps when they got home! Jack was getting really drowsy by 6 PM but then Yvonne and her son Colton and their friend Gianna came over around 6:30 to baby-sit and Jack got energized. He is so tickled when Colton (11 years old) is around. Colton didn’t like the way Jack was running around bottomless (it’s the only way he goes potty on his own), so we had to put a pull-up on Jack. They baby-sat so Jill, Gert, Brian and I could take our friends, Liz and Inigo out for a going-away dinner. As I said before, most of our friends seem to move away, which is sad but the fact of life around here. I am hoping some will move back. Ahem. You know who you are!

I have an endocrinologist appointment on Tuesday. Can’t wait to hear what he has to say.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pics are great of the boys. I love the one where Ty is crying. That sounds great about the Nanny. And like you said if it doesn't work out with Jack for some reason you could leave him home and put him in part time preschool. I didn't know you take dance lessons. How fun! Bj has been begging me to take some with him.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields said...

:-) hee hee!

LOVED the pics of the boys-- i can't believe what a little man jack has turned into. they're growing SO fast!! i especially love the unhappy ty picture. you'll be able to use that one as bribery for years to come once he's a teenager!

congrats on the nanny!!!! very cool! but one question... if you had hired a man, would that mean he'd be a manny? heh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home