Friday, January 05, 2007

2 Weeks Later

I took the whole week after Christmas off from work to continue my recovery. Our nanny took the day off on the Tuesday after Christmas and I assured Brian that could handle caring for Ty without him. What a big mistake. I think I really set myself back on my recovery by lifting my 27 pound 18 month old all day. I was in so much pain by the end of the day! On Wednesday we had our nanny which was a huge relief. I had to get out of the house so I called Yvonne and she met me for lunch. It’s funny because I don’t remember any pain during lunch but we were talking so much and having a good time that it was a good distraction. Afterwards, we walked around the mall and looked at some Victoria’s Secret bras but I didn’t feel like trying anything on yet. That night, Brian and I took the kids back to the mall for Rubio’s and then Jack and I hung out at the book store while Ty played in the kids’ area.

I had my second post-op on Friday. They took off the surgical tape and removed any leftover stitches. I was still pretty uncomfortable with the pain but the doctor confirmed that all the aches and pains were normal. He said I could start taking ibuprofen. He told me to start rubbing Vitamin E on the incisions at 3 weeks post op and then the massage 4 weeks post op. Afterwards, I met Jill M for lunch at Olive and Ivy, a new restaurant by Scottsdale Fashion Square. I had a very interesting dish with a very nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Afterwards I went to Victoria’s Secret where I was measured as a 35 which meant I could wear a 36C/34D. I went with the 36C since I wanted the band to be wider. The place was crazy and it took me 20 minutes of standing in line to pay for the bras. There were so many pre-teens there buying underwear, I couldn’t believe it. I think if you’re a pre-teen, maybe even a teen-ager, you should be getting your underwear at Target. Of course, a lot of them had Coach purses but we are talking about Scottsdale. Friday evening we went back to the mall to eat at CPK and hang out.

On Saturday Yvonne came over with Colton to watch the kids for a while and Brian and I went out to a nice restaurant called Roaring Fork. I actually wore a shirt that showed some cleavage so Brian liked that. Even when I had cleavage (pre-kids) I never showed it. I guess I am modest. Maybe that will change, maybe not. We had a bunch of appetizers and a bottle of petite syrah. For New Year’s Eve, Deb and Joe, Ger and Ter, and Mike and Katherine came over for a really nice dinner and later in the evening, they all went to a bar to hear a band. I didn’t really want to go out, plus we didn’t have a baby-sitter, so it worked out well.

We went to the zoo on New Year’s Day and that was a nice trip for the boys. Then back to work on Tuesday. I wondered if everyone would be looking at my chest but a lot of people still aren’t back to work and I only really noticed one person kind of do a double take when I came into a conference room. I am not sure how noticeable the change is to people. I don’t think I would notice since I typically am not looking at people’s chests at work. Only when you have seen people in swim suits and skimpier things would you really notice, or if they were completely flat chested and went to a DD.

I am now 2 weeks and 3 days past my surgery date. Right now I feel like I have two rocks wedged under my pectoral muscles. It really doesn’t feel that good and oftentimes feels quite badly. I slept poorly because of the pain a couple nights ago and so I took a Valium and slept much better. Then last night I took an Advil PM and that helped a lot too. I think I will keep up with the Advil PM until I am through the pain since I think sleep heals us faster than anything. So far I am very happy with the results. They look like I am wearing a push up bra when I am not but I do not have a shelf on my chest so they are not too high, too big or high profile. I think the doctor gave me a really good size and I am thankful he took a chance by going higher than we discussed (375 cc & 415 cc versus 325/350). I think sometimes they look too big but post-kids I had gotten used to being flat chested. It’s all relative. I am eager to get through my recovery and feel 100%. So far, I haven’t had any regrets and I would do it again and would definitely use the same doctor.

1 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Chengdus & Don'ts said...

OK, now where are the pictures???? I heard they look fantastic, oh I mean you look fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home